Thursday, September 16, 2010

A long lost friend!

A few weeks ago I received an email on my FB account that put me into tears! Not many of you know much about my childhood but for those of you who do you know that I lived EVERYWHERE! While I was in Scotland many things were going on in my life that were LIFE changing and during this time of Chaos I met a girl who made me smile! After leaving Scotland her and I kept in touch for years until for some reason we lost touch! I would often look for her on internet searches and was never successful! Now over 15 years after loosing touch I receive this:

Hi, my name is Fiona. I born in Greenock, Scotland in 1974 and lived there until I was 17. I remember a little girl and her mum coming to church there a few times and I kept in touch with Arianna when they moved. Are you the Arianna I kept in touch with?
Looking at your fb page your family names look familiar and I'm sure if I look hard enough I would find the letters which I'm sure would confirm that! You were probably too young to remember being in Scotland but I'm sure your mum could tell you.
If you are the Arianna I'm looking for I've often wondered how you've got on, I was a rubbish pen pal!!!
Hope to hear from you soon,
Fiona


Once again I find myself feeling so blessed for the people in my life! This was something I wanted to remember forever!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Ari Anna...I completely understand, I lost contact with my bestfriend from high school soon after I got married, I looked and searched for her on the internet for 10 years but she finally found me on facebook two years ago...turned out she was searching for me too! Since then we have gotten together twice(she lives in New York)...we speak to each other at least once a week...time didn't affect our friendship...we picked off where we left...she had truly enriched my life and I'm so grateful that she's back in my life...and if your long lost friend is anything as my friend is you are truly blessed to be reunited.

Natalie Smith said...

What a neat story.

The Swanson Family said...

awesome!

Alicia said...

What a neat story. Over the years I've connected with various friends through the internet (including you!!) and it's just so neat each time. I'm sure it's even more exciting when it's someone from another country and from so long ago!! Hurray!