Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My new calling!

About 2 weeks ago Ryan got a call from the Stake Presidency asking for an appointment! So the night of the ward party Ryan and I snuck out of the party and met with the Stake Presidency to our surprise, they wanted him to be the 1st Counselor in the Elders Quorum! It came as no shock to Ryan as he had been in this calling at church for just about the past 4 years. He was bummed to leave the Young Mens Program after such a short time with them but excited for what was ahead. To add to our suprise that following Sunday the Bishopric asked to meet with us. I looked at Ryan puzzled as I knew he was just given a new calling and I was very fresh in my calling in the Young Womens Program. To MY Shock, they called me the be the President in our Young Womens Program!!!!!!!!!! I am excited and scared all at the same time as this will be a big job. I am so excited though for the Presidency I have chosen, I think we will be a kick butt team together!!!!!

For those of you who know nothing about the Young Womens Program here is our theme we say every Sunday as a group! This will give you an Idea of what our goals are. I am excited for my new calling!!!!

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

7 comments:

SuperMama said...

Oh how exciting. Which means Hunter will have 20 million new girlfriends! My Mom was YW President twice in my growing up years and it's a really cool blessing. I know you'll be a great Inspiration to these young girls and they'll be able to look back and bring up your name with fond memories! It's alot of work but totally worth the reward. I'll be thinknig of you and of course your hubby's new calling! How awesome!

The Swanson Family said...

congratulations... maybe that four leaved clover was even more special than you thought!

Mimi Mommy said...

This is great! Congrats!

Genevieve said...

thats great ari anna! you'll be a great president!!

Melissa Hays said...

Yikes! Good luck, but looks like you've already found good luck right? :)

Odelsa said...

Conratualtions! You will do Fantastic! I love the yw program! I had some really influential leaders that made a huge difference in my life!

I'm so excited for you, you are such a go getter. I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore so that I can go see you! :)

Jackie said...

I know you are going to be FABULOUS!!! Those girls are lucky to have you!! Miss you