Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thank you Marti!

So last week while my parents were here I took my mom into Deseret Book and when I saw this painting by Greg Olsen "Take my Hand" My heart was so full! My first thought was "I wonder if Hudson ever gets to walk and talk with Jesus" It was at that moment Hunter walked up behind me and pointed at the painting and said, "Mommy that's Jesus and HUNTER." My heart was so full because at that moment I realized all children probably walk and talk with Jesus! Hunter saw himself in this painting and I hoped to one day own it. I did not think that by telling my dear friend Marti this story that she would surprise me with such a gift. This now hangs over my mantel as of today, to remind me that ALL CHILDREN WALK WITH JESUS! Hunter loved when I hung this painting up and continued to say Hunter and Jesus!

4 comments:

Emily said...

What a precious gift. I am so happy that you had a friend who was willing to get you this special addition to your home. I hope that this picture reminds you of your sweet children and Jesus all the time. Thanks for sharing.

Odelsa said...

This is the best gift, how sweet and thoughtful!

Jackie said...

What a beautiful story, and a such a wonderful friend! Hunter is adorable and I am so happy to have all of these little angels in our lives!

Evelyn said...

This has so touched my heart. What a special, precious boy(s) you have and this just is making me sob!!