Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Open mouth insert foot!

So last night for family night we went to a local grocery store to get a doughnut! As we were getting ready to leave I notices a clearance cart that had 8 vases with flowers in them! (looks like something you might get in a dollar store) They had the price 1.99 on them which I thought was very high considering the quality! You may be wondering why I was even looking at them in the first place. On Sunday we have what is called Young Women in Excellence and I am in charge of decorating! I though they may be cute just on the food table. When I saw them my mind said, "If they say 1.99 on them the sale price has got to be way less than that!"

As I go up to customer service with my arm full of these tiny tiny cheap little vases I ask the lady what the price is on these? She was not sure so she asked a clerk that then told me they were 10.99 each!!!!! "Say WHAT??" 10.99? Who would pay that for those?

I told her she may be wrong as the price on them reads 1.99! She then very agitatedly said, "NO THAT IS THE SALE PRICE!" I was in shock WOW, I said, that seems really high for these! I think I may just get better quality at the dollar store." She seemed very upset at me for thinking they were so cheap I then said, "I'm sorry I'll just go and put them back I cant do 1.99 each for those."

After we grabbed our doughnuts and went the the customer service desk yet again the lady that had originally helped me leaned in and said, "Sorry about that price she has a personal attachment?" I was so curious what that meant, that I asked her, "what do you mean?"

She then proceeded to tell me the lady we had asked about the price was the one who made them!!!!!

WHOOPS OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT!!!!

I felt so bad for saying they were not even dollar store quality!

What can you do ?????

2 comments:

Leslie said...

This is so FUNNY!!!! How would you know that she was the creator of those silly vases!!!

The Swanson Family said...

don't worry about it. if that is the worst thing you have done in the last few weeks I'd say your doing pretty good! :)