Saturday, August 7, 2010

Confrence

So today I volunteered to be one of the Leaders and an 11 stake Youth conference! It was amazing and I have no Idea why I even wore mascara because by the end of the day I did not even have any left on my eyelashes.

First we listed to a man who was the first LDS baptized soldier in Iraq.
Second we listened to a mother who lost her child in the Iraq war.
Third we listed to a general who was over that woman's sons division.
Then we did a service project! (made Christmas and Thanksgiving cards for the soldiers)

Then we had lunch and check this out.... I am only 6th in line out of 3 thousand! Have no idea how I got so lucky but I did!



Then we went back inside to listen to Ja'Nette speak! She was amazing and I fell so blessed that I know her and love her dearly!

The whole day was wonderful and even though I cut out a bit early I was so greatful I had the chance to go and listen to so many inspiring people!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

I had some boys from coalville stay with us last night and all they could talk about was how fun was the dance last night and they were having a great time. Lucky, you had a chance to be part of this conference.