Sunday, May 16, 2010

SNAKES

Let me just start out by saying I can't believe I have waited this long to tell you all about SNAKES!!!! For you see Hunter is the most consistant child you will ever meet! He has always loved, Trains and Tools! However, in the past 3 months he has a new LOVE, YES, SNAKES!!!!! I don't know how this happened but what I do know is Ryan and him have to watch a snake show regularly and from the moment Hunter is awake until the moment he goes to bed all I hear is, "Mom, look snake" He knows so many different kinds of snakes it is not funny! His imagination has really taken off and every thing has to do with SNAKES!!!! HELP I hate snakes!!!! These photos below are what Hunter now makes "SNAKE DENS" and then Yes, he will sleep in them!!!! It gets a little exhausting hearing about snakes 24-7 but at the same time it is so cute! There is a show Hunter really enjoys on Animal Planet called Wild Recon! Hunter will also pretend to catch a snake, identify it, get a vial of blood for research and then yes get a vial of venom for more research! It is so funny to hear him talk about what he is doing to the snake and how he will not harm the snake he just needs more information for RESEARCH!!! YIKES! Who is this kid? And then there is the pretending he is a snake (mainly a cobra) He gets so serious and crawls around the house! Now if he is a Bush snake I find him up on the top of dressers, counters and trying to climb the walls very slowly! OH ME OH MY!!!! BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This one is a snake's den and what you can't see is he went into the garage and got a ton of rope and put it under all the pillows! Then when it came time for him to take a nap he said, "mom, can I sleep in my snake den?" Sure why not child of mine! I won't stop you from sleeping in harms way??? (thats what I wanted to say except I just said, SURE!


This is the kind of snake den he makes for himself and Yes he is inside, HISSING!!!! Be nice cobra snake!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute. It's actually really good cause that means he's really smart! I remember the jump rope from the school he had to take home cause it was a snake too! That kid has a great imagination

Natalie Smith said...

He is funny! I wouldn't enjoy hearing about the snakes all day either.
Glad you had a fun weekend with your friend!

Catherine said...

Omg(oodness) that is so hilarious and adorable. I love the whole "research" bit too. Hopefully he won't catch on to the idea that snakes can be pets!

The Swanson Family said...

he is brilliant! that is so awesome! maybe not the snake part for you, but the individual imaginary play! way to go buddy!

Nicky said...

That is too F.U.N.N.Y!!!! I used to sit in the back row of our junior high science class (where the snake pens were), and play with the snakes during class. Makes me shudder to think of it now. So there is hope that he will grow out of it ;)