Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hill AFB air show!!!

Yesterday we had so much fun! As a family we all went to the Hill AFB in Ogden Utah and were able to spend the day watching jets, bi-planes and many other kinds. We were able to see a couple bombs dropped and the beautiful majestic huge body of the carrier yet. It was so amazing to me how anyone ever figured out how to make something so big FLY. Hunter had so much fun waving and saying hi to all the planes that flew by. It was funny because we made the mistake of telling him the night before that we were going to an air show and needles to say I guess he understood what that meant. All night long he kept waking up and telling me to get "daddy, shoes come"!!! 2:30 "Get daddy, shoes come" 4:00 "Get daddy shoes come." Finally when he got up at 6:30 it was "mommy, get Kam, shoes, hat and come." Kameron is his uncle and lately one of his favorite people. It was so funny how excited he was. Next time we will tell him the day of. It was so great to have grandma and papa Johnson, Kam and Kaden, Shannon, Madison and Mackenzie all with us. It was a great group but we missed the ones that could not be there. We did manage to go through one of the big cargo planes 2x's and that was so neat. My only wish is that my grandmother could have joined us. I had so many good memories with her and airshows before she left this earth. Grandma, this was a good one, you would have loved it.





















Just a few highlights of the day:
Kenzie and Kaden in the dirt
Hunter not liking the sounds of the jets
going through the huge cargo plane
eating a great meal
watching the attack dog demonstration
nothing going wrong on the drive to or from
having family with us
surviving the crouds
walking out with all the kids and everyone still in a good mood

5 comments:

The Swanson Family said...

exciting! I love when days go smoothly! looks like fun

Emily said...

How fun! Another friend of mine did this with her three boys. What a great idea! I had never thought about going. We might try it next year.

Great pictures BTW.

Natalie Smith said...

Ari Anna, This is Natalie (Pike) Smith. I emailed you and I don't think you got it yet. I want to send you an invite to my blog...email me at: nataliesmith_is@yahoo.com

I was so excited to have stumbled across your blog!

Talk to you soon,

Natalie

Odelsa said...

Yes, so fun! I love that picture of you holding your boy. So cute!

Carrie Hansen said...

That looks so fun!!! Sure miss you!!