Thursday, March 11, 2010

IRONING

Just wanted to share a comment I left on FaceBook and the reaction it got was so FUN!

AriAnna Johnson started the morning out by ironing 25 shirts for Ryan!!!!! Oh it may just be a productive day!

Andria Cole Laws, ''Marlene Khaleel-Porges'' and Todd Alen Robertson like this.

Melanie Silkett Provost wrote
Aren't you ambitious!!... Don't think I have Ironed 25 shirts in my lifetime!

AriAnna Johnson responded
Ha Ha that is so funny Melanie! I hate ironing but I am trying to get better! I am

Aaron Laws wrote
Is my wife reading this? AriAnna, can you email this to her? MAYBE once a month, I'll ask her if she'll iron a shirt for me and I always get groans in return.

Aaron Laws wrote
But I think maybe I'd prefer the groans to the tongue lashing I'll get when she DOES read this and see what I just said. Uh oh.

Melanie Silkett Provost wrote
The iron we have is older than I am ... Husbands grandma's ... really only comes out if I am sewing a project

Amanda Wolfe Williams wrote
Wow you are a domesticated lady!! We just throw it in the dryer....wham....no wrinkles!!

Marlene Khaleel-Porges wrote
--better u than me!! If it needs 2 b ironed, it does not need 2 b in our home :)

Lisa Sanchez wrote
I thought that was what the dry cleaners was for?!

AriAnna Johnson responded
Aaron, I know you realize this but if Andrea does see this you are in big trouble! I can delete and pretend like nothing was said ;) And let me tell you this I have never done this willingly until recently!

Melanie, you are too funny! that made me remember that when my grandmother passed away one of the items I got was a HUGE ironing board! I gave it to the goodwill! Oh but now with my new skills I guess I should have kept it!! :)

Amanda, I am far from domestic and I wish our dryer got those wrinkles out but NOPE I am out of luck on that one!... See More

Marlene, there will come a day when I will say that! Can't wait!

Lisa, when I can afford a dry cleaners I will be ECSTATIC!!!!! CAN'T Wait! See Aaron that could be your solution!


Steve Stingo Gutendorf wrote
You could make some good $$ doing that! The execs here at work drop theirs at the cleaners every week... I don't know what they charge but i would imagine around a buck a shirt. Ryan owes you steak dinner out now! :-))

Beth Willis wrote
First off that's a lot of shirts! Is that all dress shirts or are you ironing other shirts? We usually take them to the dry cleaners but haven't in a LONG time- I think it's WAY overdue. We don't actually own an ironing board so I end up using the table or counter and our iron stinks! I really think we need a new one because it just isn't doing a ... See Morevery good job at all these days (it's like it isn't getting hot enough or something). I have no patience for ironing so I think it's awesome that you did that!

AriAnna Johnson responded
Wow, I guess I have just never thought a dry cleaners did ironing! What the heck have I been doing! Well I guess one day I will take full advantage of that!

Steve, you are right I should start up a little side business!
And YES Ryan does owe me steak dinner now!
... See More
Beth, YES they are all dress shirts! Ryan is one of those guys that can only wear a shirt one time before it needs to be washed so he goes through 6 dress shirts in one week! Guess I need to just stay more caught up on the task!

Beth Willis wrote
Oh well I suppose it would be different if Josh were wearing dress shirts for his job- he only wears his on Sundays during church so we can go quite a bit of time between dry cleaning trips- although some of them at this point really need it- when you have kids that rub their faces all over dad at church and he doesn't realize it until we are at church the next week and he's wearing that shirt, LOL.

AriAnna Johnson responded
Beth, That is so funny! Buggers and all you got to love it!

Janine Huntsman Chambers wrote
I also spent a long time this morning ironing:(

Steve Stingo Gutendorf wrote
Here's just the thing... A mangle
http://www.cassandrapages.com/the_cassandra_pages/2006/11/a_what.html

AriAnna Johnson responded
Janine, Great job!
Steve, I just got on that link and YES that would be great to have a Mangle!

Janet Barber wrote
Bill's mother loved to iron and she was great at it. She had a home business - and 'suits' would bring their cleaning/ ironing to her. She did it for years!

Andria Cole Laws wrote
Uh Oh, Aaron IS totally in trouble!!! (:
Let the record show I stopped ironing his shirts after doing it faithfully and sweetly for nearly 6 years. What tipped the scale you ask?..... Maybe it had something to do with him knocking me up when our oldest was 2 and our other son was only 5 months old. With three little ones under the age of 3, I ... See Morefigured I had enough on my plate and he could handle his own ironing. (: Luckily he's matured enough since then to realize he can handle it from here. Aren't I a lucky girl?
After a few more years of marriage (and few more kids) you'll have Ryan trained too. Until then, buy the Stafford wrinkle free shirts from JCPenny. They are very low maintenance. (:

AriAnna Johnson responded
OH no Andria I was so hoping you would not get on here today but YES I totally agree with you! That many kids that little I would have to say I would say Ryan it's all you from here on out! I love you guys and how you love to have FB tiffs! I am sure they get resolved VERY fast though! ;)

And YES you are a lucky girl you and aaron are ... See More wonderful together even if you do like to fight on FB!!!! But all I can say is JCPenny's will get more of my business from here on out!

Aunt Janet, I guess some women are just made for it huh!

Ed Poyneer wrote
Sweety, has he got it GOOD!! My mom made me learn how to iron my own white shirts, and corduroy pants, when I was in high school, over 50 years ago. Neither of my wives have done my ironing!

Steve Stingo Gutendorf wrote
Maybe if Ryan just got a different job, like say, garage mechanic or garbage man.... Then he could wear the same old shirts everyday... ;-))

Becca Preator wrote
Oh my that is a lot of shirts. Nice job!

MarLa Mari Kepler wrote
Suggestions: Wrinkle out spray and a dryer!

Steve Stingo Gutendorf wrote
Leave it to MOM... :-))

AriAnna Johnson responded
Becca, I know huh! After this discussion though I might be traying some other things!

Mom, I will try it!

Steve, Aren't moms the BEST

Jen Ewell wrote
Holy Cow. You just won the award for the most comments on a status EVER!!!


WOW WHO WOULD HAVE KNOW IRONING WOULD BE SUCH A FUN TOPIC!

0 comments: