Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Letting go!!!


So the other day while we were at a track meet Ryan and I saw this vehicle and I just had to take a picture of it! I don't know why some things in life hit me with such profound meaning but this one struck a spot!
Letting go: For those of you who know me, you know that I don't get attached to anything material! Before each move I sell almost everything large that could take up space because I know I can find it and love that piece even better when I get to where I am going! So with that said, I look at this truck and think, "this must have some value to this person." To me it looks like the owner should have let go YEARS ago but then that nagging thought of..... Maybe it belonged to someone special, maybe it was this persons first car, maybe they just can't afford to replace it and it runs like a champ.... Who knows but it got me thinking!!!!! I know there are things in my life I value and I hope that one day that value ages with me!!!! Not to compare my dear, sweet husband to this Rusty old truck but isn't it a beautiful thing to want to grow old with someone!!!!! I know I want too!!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

great post. i love the thought of growing into an old beat-up truck with someone you love, as they do the same...and not wanted to let it go. Great thoughts.

Natalie Smith said...

That is a great thought! :) You make me laugh...

The Swanson Family said...

you will always be a sleek new shiney BMW to me sweetie! :) teehee

Becky Sue said...

You are such a cutie!

The Shoemakers said...

Love the way you think, I miss talking to you. Hope you are all well.

faith ann raider said...

Hi! Thanks for your entry in my photo contest & giveaway. However I will have to remove your photo because it must 1:link directly to your blog post of the photo you are submitting 2: that post must link back to my blog. You are welcome to re-submit your photo later, I really like the one you choose for the link-up and I hope to see your submissions at upcoming challenges!
Faith

The Fire Dawg Blog said...

I am that truck
Love...cough...sputter...Dad